A food safety system audit is a systematic examination determining whether activities and results adhere to a conforming standard. If you seek to understand how your food safety management system complies with established requirements and if it has been effectively implemented and updated, we can be of invaluable assistance.
Our food safety specialists are:
● ServSafe® certified instructors
● SFSPac® factory certified
● HACCP certified
● FBI checked
● CPR certified
We assist you with food safety audits developed to gain a comprehensive insight into the quality and betterment of food across aspects of receiving, preparing, storing, handling and more.
The importance of ‘over the shoulder’ on-the- job training cannot be emphasized enough. Even a single session under the guidance of our food safety specialists makes a big difference in understanding hazards more comprehensively and rectifying mistakes. Food Safety Solutions believes in empowering your staff with valuable education and ensuring that everyone is aware of safety – linked obligations. Our training approach is successful for the following reasons:
– We train every member of your staff individually. This 1-on- 1 attention creates an opportunity to ask questions openly and observe without distractions.
– Staff training encompasses mixing, usage, safety and hygiene.
– Our assistance is hands-on; we interact positively, patiently and considerately.
– We verify if HACCP program requirements are being met and document any evidence to the contrary.
– Our audits and staff training are particularly useful when you have hired new staff or substitutes who may not be familiar with safety rules and requirements.
On-site education on a scheduled basis is essential to getting consistent safety performance out of your staff. As part of our comprehensive program, you can expect the following:
– Standardization of procedures and reference, which includes demos by our specialists
– A simplified color-coded methodology to make school kitchen activity safer and more efficient
– Our on-site review checklist is supplemented with a monthly education program
USDA has established minimum professional standards requirements for school nutrition professionals managing and operating the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. The standards set out minimum education standards for new state and local school nutrition directors, and annual training standards for all school nutrition professionals.
With education being our core service, we appreciate the professional standards that help ensure that school nutrition personnel possess the knowledge, tools and training needed to plan, prepare and procure healthy products to prepare safe, nutritious and appetizing school meals.
Our educational service is delivered on-site, as web-based instruction, as part of a classroom learning program, and in the form of workshops at the beginning of the school year.
Not only do we perform the audit but also spend time on corrective training prior to leaving your site.
It is not enough to identify mistakes; learning, application and course correction are necessary to ensure that the same errors are not repeated. Our approach is to spot problems, document them, retrain your staff and return in seven weeks to check if the corrective actions are being integrated and have stayed in place.
Food Safety Solutions provides Child Nutrition Directors with ongoing feedback about our work in the field. Our communication program is open and transparent, encouraging the same across all levels of your organization. We help you accept and welcome change no matter how challenging it may seem.
We make staff training an enjoyable affair; our goal is not to overwhelm them, rather reinforce how they all are a part of your overall safety and compliance mission.
Talk to us today about helping you develop a sustainable culture that’s a win-win for your organization, students, staff and community at large.